Get Wild out West.
Every year, thousands of motorcycle riders and fans flock to Sturgis, South Dakota for one heck of a great time.
Between the parties, concerts and events, there are ample opportunities for scenic rides and sightseeing. Before you go, get to know the roads with our interactive motorcycle map. Trust us, it’ll help you navigate the Black Hills’ hairpin curves like a seasoned pro. You can also view the state’s most popular rides to plan your route here.
Things to Know Before you Go
- While South Dakota is a big state, it can feel small during Sturgis. Roads are congested with bikers for weeks before and after the Rally, so slow down and stay alert. Use our traffic map to check conditions.
- If you’ve never ridden in South Dakota’s Black Hills, be prepared to see deer, buffalo and more. Animal encounters on the road are common, so constantly scan for wildlife and be ready to stop.
- Weather can be just as wild as the Rally, ranging from heat and humidity to thunderstorms. Layer up and bring your leathers.
- Invest in bags specifically designed for bikes and a working bike lock.
- It’s okay to ride slow. Roads are winding and the sights are plentiful.
- Don’t drink and ride. Every year riders die at the Rally, many due to alcohol-related crashes.
- Remember to have your bike tuned up before you go, and bring your safety gear.